The amount of money (in dollars) earned by various films last weekend is as follows:
1. Eagle Eye - Someone asked me what this was about the other day and I told them I think it's Shia LeBeouf reenacting the first half-hour of the The Matrix as a full movie. Now that people have seen it, is that accurate? ($29.2 million)
2. Nights in Rodanthe - $13.6 million. Who knew there was such a market for menoporn? (Answer: lonely mothers.)
3. Lakeview Terrace - $7 million, thought I'm positive it would be making even more if they'd just gone with my title, Samuel L. Jackson's RACIST COP.
4. Fireproof - $6.5 million! The Fireproof Action Squads worked! How does that make you feel?
5. Burn After Reading - Despite a 44% drop to $6.2 million, it's still maintaining a hefty audience lead over actually reading.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]
Inspired by the Fireproof poster (and really, who could not be?), IWS reader Adam looked into who actress Erin Bethea was, and why she had earned the privilege of costarring in a religious fireman movie with Kirk Cameron. As you'd suspect, Erin Bethea is no one worth knowing. BUT, finding her site did lead to the official Fireproof site, which is so, so worthwhile.
Best things about it:
- The Fireproof doomsday clock. "43 days until you can say "I do" to Fireproof!" For someone like me who's counting down the seconds until I can say, "I do! ...want two tickets to Fireproof! Fireproof. With Kirk Cameron? Oh... I see. Do you have any idea where it might be playing? Well, thanks anyway," this is a (Christian) godsend.
- There's a trailer! And, "Marriages aren't fireproof, Michael--sometimes you get burned," is an actual quote from it!
Continue Reading →
Does Kirk Cameron always have to be the lone voice of reason in this doomed society of ours? In short, yes. He was the only one willing to speak up and tell us bananas prove the existence of (the Christian) God. (Nice try hiding that one from us, scientists.) Now he's the only one daring enough to testify to the logic of not abandoning your spouse and letting them burn alive in a raging inferno. Moreover, you should bring flowers when pulling them from the flaming wreckage, because chivalry's not dead, y'all.
(Christian) God bless you, Kirk Cameron.
- Previous results on
- I Watch Stuff
- More results on