'Warm Bodies' Tops Box Office, Stallone's Axe-Fighting Movie Bombs
Your weekend box office:
1. Warm Bodies - $19.5 million, topping a pretty dismal box office as the only new release the crack the top five. Now that we know zombie romance can be a successful genre, the introduction of mummy erotica will come that much quicker.
2. Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters - $9.2 million and nearly a million conversations concluding with, "Alright, let's go out and pay to watch Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters."
3. Silver Linings Playbook - $8.1 million, moving up a position from last week as interest continues to climb for seeing Bradley Cooper in a garbage bag.
4. Mama - $6.7 million more for the spooky sequel to Ghost Dad.
5. Zero Dark Thirty - $5.3 million, bumping Stallone's Bullet to the Head to sixth place with $4.5 million. For comparison, this same month in 1992, Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot opened at #2 with $7 million.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]