'Skyfall' Back on Top, 'Gerard Butler's Soccer Redemption' Bombs
Your weekend box office:
1. Skyfall - $11 million, and still no lawsuit from Skymall.
2. Rise of the Guardians - $10.5 million, picking up steam as Christmas nears and excited children look to see Hugh Jackman play an Australian Easter Bunny.
3. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 - $9.2 million, dropping two spots from its run at number one. I knew the popularity of this franchise could never last more than five films and three weeks.
4. Lincoln - $9.1 million. Interesting fact about Lincoln: the reedy tone Daniel Day-Lewis adopted for the title character is reportedly based on the actual shrill voice the actor hears screaming for him to attack the homeless.
5. Life of Pi - $8.3 million, handily taking down the soccer romantic comedy Playing for Keeps, which opened in over 2,800 theaters but only managed $6 million. Just goes to show, as popular as soccer may be abroad, America still has no interest in Gerard Butler.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]