Your weekend box office:
1. Hotel Transylvania - $43 million. Following a couple lackluster openings, Sandler finally connects with audiences by way of a Dracula voice. If only he'd realized sooner, "Jill" too could have had an in-and-out Romanian accent.
2. Looper - $21.2 million. Not an amazing opening, but that it's higher than 12 Monkeys and Disney's The Kid says good things about the future of Bruce Willis meeting his past self.
3. End of Watch - $8 million. At this rate, we'll one day list Gyllenhaal among Dennis Franz and RoboCop whenever bald police guys come up.
4. Trouble with the Curve - $7.5 million. I knew an Eastwood-Timberlake team-up would work since the day Timberlake told Tiger Beat he liked "movies, even some old Westerns 'n' stuff."
5. House at the End of the Street - $7.1 million, easily topping the opening of Pitch Perfect, which debuted only in limited release as Universal felt out if people still like singing.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]