Your weekend box office:
1. The Expendables 2 - $28.8 million, a weak first place debut that, despite added action star girth, failed to even meet the original film's opening. With these numbers, if the film does end up with another sequel, it will probably not be with planned pricey stars Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Nicolas Cage, and Wesley Snipes. Well, alright, maybe still Wesley Snipes.
2. The Bourne Legacy - $17 million, dropping 55% as discerning audiences started to suspect maybe there was, in fact, "just one," and this Jeremy Renner character was sort of an afterthought.
3. ParaNorman - $14 million. This is why we can't have nice, stop-motion-animated things.
4. The Campaign - $13.4 million. But how about this real campaign, huh, guys? Politics.
5. Sparkle - $12 million, easily topping Glitter to already become the most-profitable pop-diva-starring film to sound like it's named after a My Little Pony character. Congratulations.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]