Your weekend box office:
1. The Amazing Spider-Man - $65 million. With its Tuesday opening and gross through the holiday week, the film is up to $140 million total--which puts it behind all previous Spider-Men, but those films didn't have similarly-costumed competition from Madea, now did they?
2. Ted - $32.6 million. The film has now made over $120 million and, even more impressively, spawned almost a hundred thousand new, never-to-be-resolved debates over whether Family Guy is funny or not.
3. Brave - $20.2 million, bumping the total gross to near $175 million and virtually assuring another $200 million film for Pixar. Employees of the animation studio should expect a pizza party later this month.
4. Savages - $16.2 million. Audiences just aren't ready to accept Taylor Kitch outside his beloved role as John Carter.
5. Magic Mike - $15.6 million, easily besting Tyler Perry, Madagascar, and new opener Katy Perry: Part of Me, which pulled in only $7.2 million. Where has the audience gone for 3D dessert-topping lactation?
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]