Your weekend box office:
1. Madagascar 3 - $35.5 million, Audiences continue to feel a strong need to check this extolled "circus afro" out for themselves.
2. Prometheus - $20.2 million--jusssst about enough to purchase a rare device that does automatized robotic surgery, so we'll just see if that now seemingly-arbitrary footnote later returns as a plot point. (Prometheus humor!)
3. Rock of Ages - $15 million. Tom Cruise just isn't the respected hair band cover artist he used to be.
4. Snow White and the Huntsman - $13.8 million, just topping That's My Boy to claim the prize of remaining the slightly better option than watching Adam Sandler drinking pretend beer.
5. That's My Boy - $13 million. Only fair it would make barely half Jack and Jill's opening, what with there being half the shouting Adam Sandler characters.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]