Your weekend box office:
1. Men in Black 3 - $55 million. Turns out, what audiences wanted from the Men in Black franchise really was a theme song from Pitbull and for someone who is not Tommy Lee Jones to be playing Tommy Lee Jones.
2. The Avengers - $36.8 million, falling from the top spot, but it's not like Hulk's kids are starving or anything.
3. Battleship - $10.9 million, continuing to disprove the commonly held notion that absolutely no one wants to see a Battleship movie. (A few people want to see a Battleship movie.)
4. The Dictator - $9.3 million. Is 9/11-joke NICE! That's the Dictator's catchphrase, we'll say, because I haven't seen it yet.
5. Chernobyl Diaries - $8 million. The horror of Chernobyl was not yet ready to become a horror film starring singer-songwriter Jesse McCartney.
Honorable Mention: In record-setting news, Moonrise Kingdom set a new high for live-action per-theater average, bringing in over $130k per venue. The secret? Bill Murray and Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]