The weekend box office:
1. The Hunger Games - $155 million, debuting even larger than expected to pull in the third highest opening weekend gross in history, beating all of the Twilight films and falling in just behind The Dark Knight and Harry Potter's final chapter. Hunger Games fans were just so excited to see what the director of Seabiscuit and writer of Mr. Baseball would with Lenny Kravitz.
2. 21 Jump Street - $21.3 million, another weekend of reluctant acknowledgement that turning an '80s cop procedural into an absurd comedy wasn't such a terrible idea after all. Can't wait for Judd Apatow's Homicide!
3. The Lorax - $13.1 million. If only Dr. Seuss were still alive to see his ecological message spread so widely, over 3D IMAX screens you can charge like $18 a seat for.
4. John Carter - Still around, and making $5 million.
5. Act of Valor - $2 million, hanging in the top five over newer release A Thousand Words. It pays to not be one of the most universally reviled films of all time, huh?
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]