Your weekend box office:
1. Chronicle - $22 million. Found footage once again proves itself the deep frying of filmmaking, capable of turning any cheap product into a profitable, sought-after consumable for the masses. Won't be long now until someone "finds footage" of a Nicholas Sparks romance, and then we can all go to bed.
2. The Woman in Black - $21 million, a second-place but decent opening driven by those eager to yell "You're a wizard, Harry!" at the screen before that gets old.
3. The Grey - $9.5 million, dropping in attendance with perfect correlation to the drop in post-Neeson wolf populations.
4. Big Miracle - $8.5 million. (Note: this is that movie with the commercials for Drew Barrymore, John Krasinski, and whales. I forgot, too.)
5. Underworld Awakening - $5.6 million, coming in well below that forgettable thing with Drew Barrymore, John Krasinski, and whales.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]