Your weekend box office:
1. Safe House - $24 million. Undeterred after a second place debut, Denzel Washington's Safe House this weekend climbed over last week's champ and two new wide releases to overtake the box office. And now I have two good ideas for new Denzel Washington movies: Undeterred and Overtaken. (Denzel would sport a pistol in each of these films.)
2. The Vow - $23.6 million. Turns out The Vow is more of a Valentine's weekend movie than a Presidents' Day weekend movie. But only slightly.
3. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - $22 million. Perhaps Nicolas Cage should have used his press interviews to promote his film, rather than to convince everyone he is not, in fact, a vampire.
4. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island - $20.1 million, still outpacing its predecessor as audiences decide it's slightly less off-putting to constantly see The Rock's nipples through his shirt than it is to see Brendan Fraser at all.
5. This Means War - $17.6 million. This means "no thanks," This Means War.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]