Your weekend box office
1. Act of Valor - $24.7 million. Expect ticket sales to slump next week when everyone realizes it would be way cooler to play this movie as a video game.
2. Tyler Perry's Good Deeds - $16 million--the second-worst opening yet for a Tyler Perry-possessed film, likely because of the lack of Perry wearing a dress. What a sobering Hallelujer.
3. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island - $13.5 million, climbing up a position like The Rock climbs onto the giant bee from Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.
4. Safe House - $11.4 million more, reportedly putting the film on track to become Denzel Washington's second-highest grossing film ever. Apparently Safe House looks better and, therefore, also distinguishably different than other Denzel Washington films?
5. The Vow - Forgetful Rachel McAdams + Hunkiest Bonobo + <3 = $10 million
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]