Your lackluster weekend box office:
1. New Year's Eve - $13.7 million, debuting to only a quarter of Valentine's Day's $56.3 million opening weekend. Good news for those of us wishing an end to Garry Marshall's holiday ensembles; bad news for Hector Elizondo and his dreams of getting a bigger romantic part in Labor Day Weekend.
2. The Sitter - $10 million. No one wants to spend money on old-model Jonah Hill when there are rumors of a new, slimmer model debuting so soon.
3. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 - $7.9 million, finally falling from the top spot after a three-week reign. You can't stay king forever, Twilight. Not with Katherine Heigl out there finding romance on a holiday.
4. The Muppets - $7 million, dropping two spots as capitalism once again triumphs over the communist manifesto.
5. Arthur Christmas - $6.6 million--a mere 10% decline indicative of IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS LET'S WATCH CHRISTMAS THINGS!!!
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]