Animated 'Batman: Year One' Trailer Has So Many Bats, and More...
- Well, if David O. Russell won't direct Uncharted, Neil Burger is just going to have to do it. The director of The Illusionist and, most recently, Limitless, is now attached to write and direct the video game adaptation, which makes so much more sense than when we thought the director of I ♥ Huckabees was doing it.
- The 50/50 team of Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Jonathan Levine, and Will Reiser are planning to again collaborate on Jamaica, a film to be loosely based on a Caribbean trip Rogen took with his grandma when he was 14. If you are 14 and look like a small Seth Rogen, your purpose is now clear.
- Relativity Media has bought the North American rights to market and distribute Marc Forster's Gerard Butler-starring Machine Gun Preacher. The film stars Butler as a former drug dealer turned religious crusader for refugee children, so you can forget that mental image of a cassock-wearing Leonidas with chain gun arms.
- Giovanni Ribisi is joining Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolin, Anthony Mackie, and Michael Pena in Warner Bros.' The Gangster Squad. That's a cast, huh?
- And here's that Batmin trailer. Take a shot every time you see either bats or feet.