- Of course the Monsters University logo uses that standard university font. But it's going to look great on your Pixar letterman jacket. (via)
- Remember when Will Smith had the worst idea: to put his son in an M. Night Shyamalan futuristic sci-fi movie? Well, he's decided he might as well be in that, too--playing Jaden's father, naturally. Let's pursue happyness in every time period!
- Because Universal thought this would be a funny coincidence: today, on the anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s assassination, the studio pulled the plug on the Paul Greengrass-directed MLK biopic we first learned about on Martin Luther King Day weekend. Hilarious, Universal! (No it isn't.)
- Will it be Eddie Murphy or Usher for your James Brown biopic? Your decision should factor in whether or not you want a Justin Bieber cameo.
- Lindsay Lohan is reading for a part in The Man of Steel? That doesn't sound like what I know of truth, but OK, Sources.
O, what a terrible alliance that's formed in the wake of our communal ire.
It seems, for whatever reason, all the studios passed on the top-secret project M. Night Shyamalan was shopping around over the summer--something with Bruce Willis, Bradley Cooper, and Gwyneth Paltrow--... / Continue →
Expanding on the oh-so-brief Welcome to Earth Will Smith gave us with the first trailer, here's a new preview for the Smith clan's adventure in sci-fi jungle survival and nepotism, After Earth. This one makes the specifics of the plot a little more clear: Jaden Smith stars as a... / Continue →
Following in Tom Cruise's post-apocalyptic sci-fi adventuring as closely as he follows in the actor's serious teachings of aliens and cosmic catastrophe, Will Smith stars with carefully-tended seedling Jaden in After Earth, a film that sees the father and son trailing in Cruise... / Continue →