Gollum Will Handle All the Ring Close-Ups, and More
- Hugh Jackman could be joining Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron on Snow White and the Huntsman, which should thankfully let him keep his muttonchops in good shape for The Wolverine.
- Don't adjust your DVR: 30 Rock isn't done after this season, if you'd heard that rumor. If not, don't even worry about it.
- Also on the subject of NBC's Thursdays: Ray Romano, James Spader, and Doctor Who's Catherine Tate will join Will Ferrell, Ricky Gervais, and Will Arnett in the ridiculously-cameo-stuffed season finale of The Office. Good thing the show doesn't have a studio audience, or they'd never get through all the requisite pauses for hooting and hollering.
- 48 Hrs. and The Warriors director Walter Hill will see how well star Sylvester Stallone can take direction in Headshot. Hopefully the two can see eye-to-eye on if Stallone's forearm veins should be the presence they typically are.
- Gollum actor Andy Serkis is going to also serve as second unit director on The Hobbit, but Peter Jackson's probably still going to make him wear a sensor-covered spandex jumpsuit all the time anyway.