Your weekend box office top five:
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules - $24.4 million, already making back the film's $21 million budget. Studio executives are surely already looking for what other schoolyard pariahs can be made into a profitable comic memoir. Would a chronicle of the kid who will always be remembered as The Kid Who Pooped His Pants on the Group Carpet be too Real?
2. Sucker Punch - $19 million. Dismal reviews and now middling, underachieving box office? The Daily Planet sets on the Warner lot must look particularly regrettable today.
3. Limitless - $15.2 million, proving there still is an audience for films that seem like an episode of the mid-'90s Outer Limits.
4. The Lincoln Lawyer - $11 million, dropping only 17%. So just imagine how strong it could have done had Kate Hudson been cast as his no-nonsense ex-wife prosecutor.
5. Rango - $9.8 million, pushing the total domestic gross over the $100 million mark. Good for Rango.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]