Tarantino Already Finished That Western Script, 'Devil May Cry' Getting a Movie, Miyazaki Shorts, Spider-Man Sweats, and More
- These new Amazing Spider-Man set shots are notable because it's definitely star Andrew Garfield in the suit this time, and because Spider-Man is wearing sweatpants. Perhaps this is part of a larger theme.
- FX has greenlighted a pilot for a series based on Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming's superhero police procedural comic, Powers, and Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackhoff could be up for the female lead. That should hold off any kind of geek revolt for a couple more years.
- Christ, another video game adaptation: Screen Gems--the studio behind Resident Evil--is adapting Capcom's Devil May Cry for theaters. Just assume it won't be very good.
- March 26, Carnegie Hall is showing two rare shorts from legendary animator Hayao Miyazaki--Yado-Sagashi (House Hunting) and Mizugumo Monmon (Mon Mon the Water Spider)--for the first time in the US. Please, wear your formal cat ears.
- IWS reader Jimbob felt I'd been remiss in ignoring last week's rumor anti-humor experts Tim and Eric might be doing a feature-length film with John C. Reilly and a healthy list of other comedy favorites. SORRY.
- Mark Wahlberg talked to Slater about possibly doing a sequel to The Fighter, prompting this response: