Justin Timberlake and Larry David Competing for Parts, 'King's Speech' Has a Gay Porn Connection, and More
- Terrence Malick's Tree of Life hasn't yet hit theaters and already there's a shot from the director's next film, a still-untitled romance with Ben Affleck and Rachel McAdams. Do you think it takes place in an Andrew Wyeth painting, then?
- Wolfgang Petersen is attached to direct Paramount's Old Man's War, an adaptation of the sci-fi novel about a 75-year-old man whose brain is transplanted into a young body, making a man fit for combat but with a mind filled with years of wisdom. Should be ideal propaganda for when Larry King proposes we clone him for battle.
- Somehow Justin Timberlake, Woody Harrelson, and Larry David are supposedly up for the same part in the Farrelly Brothers' Three Stooges, so that should give you absolutely no clue what this film is going for.
- Addressing the controversy around Banksy showing up to the Oscars incognito, Academy president Tom Sherk has clarified that, while he would prefer if the street artist and director of Exit Through the Gift Shop would not show up in a monkey mask, he's not "gonna stand up to stop him" or anything. Mom will be so confused.
- Ben Schwartz is going to write a remake of 1991's behind-the-scenes-of-a-soap-opera comedy Soapdish, because daytime soaps are getting a little too uppity for their own good these days, aren't they?
- Finally, something for The King's Speech trivia buffs: it turns out the Oscar-nominated film was shot in the same locale as a gay porn. I'll have to watch it again with a keener eye for cum stains.