1. Jackass 3-D - $50 million, the biggest opening ever for a September-October release. Nothing breaks up a nice fall day like watching a man get launched in a port-a-potty.
2. Red - $22.5 million, pretty good considering Jackass's record-setting gross, and that the young hate the faces of the aged reminding them of mortality.
3. The Social Network - $11 million. Are movies about the internet slowly replacing the internet? That will probably be a topic on your local news soon.
4. Secretariat - $9.5 million, because people like stories about horse athletes.
5. Life as We Know It - $9.2 million. Sorry, guys, I still haven't made it out to see this one, so don't tell me whether or not the baby dies in the angry hands of a drunk Josh Duhamel.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]
Your weekend box office numbers:
1. Megamind - $47.7 million--almost ten million less than Despicable Me's opening, and less than half of what The Incredibles made the same weekend in 2004. But Megamind can probably catch up to those numbers after a few unwarranted sequels and... / Continue →
Your weekend box office report:
1. Saw 3D - $22.5 million, already making back its $20 million budget, so get ready for another final chapter in the Saw series next Halloween.
2. Paranormal Activity 2 - $16.5 million, so get ready for more camcorder shots of swinging chandeli... / Continue →
Your weekend box office totals:
1. Paranormal Activity 2 - $41.5 million. We've finally recovered all that gimmicky horror sequel optimism we lost on Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows, apparently! A new shaky-cam day has arrived!
2. Jackass 3-D - $21.6 million. There's a waning ... / Continue →