Your weekend box office report. Share it with friends (and would-be friends as a great icebreaker!):
1. A Christmas Carol - $30 million. In these desperate times (sort of nearing Christmas), people needed a movie of hope (something with Christmas in the title).
2. Michael Jackson's This Is It - $13.2 million. It's like being at Michael Jackson's final performance, only he's still rehearsing it, and it's after months of his death coverage have made you too auto-angry at his image to enjoy any of it.
3. The Men Who Stare at Goats - $12.7 million, a modest number that reflects the insult the film dealt to our nation's many great goat herders--many of whom actually do spend a lot of time staring at goats and take offense to the idea it is in any way interesting.
4. The Fourth Kind - $12.2 million (The alien one.)
5. Paranormal Activity - $8.3 million (The one with ghosts.)
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]