This weekend's box office results:
1. The Day the Earth Stood Still - $31 million, though that could still rise dramatically once we get the numbers back from space
2. Four Christmases - $13.3 million. The constant trickle of festively-dressed, moderately-entertained people leaving theaters has barely slowed.
3. Twilight - Indisputably our largest form of vampire revenue, bringing in another $8 million.
4. Bolt - $7.5 million. Another unimpressive weekend exhibits the post-Beverly Hills Chihuahua talking dog malaise.
5. Australia - $4.3 million--still a disappointing take, but at least providing Hugh Jackman a great joke to use at the Oscars this year: "Hey, Australia didn't make anywhere near its massive budget back! Am I right?"
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]
The weekend box office:
1. Four Christmases - $18.2 million. That really is an absurd number of Christmases.
2. Twilight - $13.2 million. After falling to third last week, the film spiked in sales this weekend when a lot of kids happened to have Twilight book reports due toda... / Continue →
This weekend, many of us headed to theaters with our families as a break from sitting around awkwardly watching television with our families, and trying to remember where our bed used to be before our bedrooms became mom's sewing room. Innumerable grandmas who hadn't been to th... / Continue →
These movies made money this weekend. DID YOU?
1. Yes Man - $18.2 million. Speculation is already starting about the loss of Jim Carrey's star power. Good to focus on that, rather than the logic of re-writing Liar Liar with a slightly different gimmick.
2. Seven Pounds - $16 ... / Continue →