People paid to see these movies over the weekend:
1. Lakeview Terrace - $15.6 million. Maybe we should start making every Lifetime Original Movie concept into a Samuel L. Jackson film.
2. Burn After Reading - $11.3 million--the best take ever for a movie about ocular chlamydia.
3. My Best Friend's Girl - Congratulations, Dane Cook, you got people to pay you for playing an even worse version of yourself again. ($8.3 million)
4. Igor - Sorry, Igor 2: HumpBack 2 the Castle, you just got cancelled. ($8 million)
5. Righteous Kill - $7.7 million. That's fine, though. The studios will make all their money in merchandising when Righteous Kill shirts become the Scarface shirts for the old, retired thug crowd.
Weekend Box Office [Box Office Mojo]
On a weekend with four new wide releases, audiences saw each of them to varying degrees.
1. Burn After Reading - $19.4 million, the kind of mediocre results you'd expect from a country that hates reading but loves burning things.
2. Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys - A Tyl... / Continue →
The amount of money (in dollars) earned by various films last weekend is as follows:
1. Eagle Eye - Someone asked me what this was about the other day and I told them I think it's Shia LeBeouf reenacting the first half-hour of the The Matrix as a full movie. Now that people ha... / Continue →
Your weekend box office:
1. Iron Man 3 - $72.5 million, holding off Baz Luhrmann's new release to remain America's most important literary adaptation.
2. The Great Gatsby - $51 million, a strong debut despite its failing to take out last week's leader. It should hold up reaso... / Continue →