1. Enchanted - Audiences are enchanted by Enchanted, making it the number one comedy in America for two straight weeks! I assume that's what the commercials will be saying all this week, and every week (with updated week counts), until something even blander comes along to take its spot. ($17 million.)
2. This Christmas - It made another $8.4 million, yet I still don't know anyone who is even remotely aware of this movie. (Note: I'm only friends with racists.)
3. Beowulf - Boring, Olde English epic poetry at its best: in 3-D with creepy-as-shit pseudo-humans! That's why it made another $7.9 million.
4. Awake - Despite having even worse reviews than the god-awful video game assassin movie, it still made $6 million.
5. Hitman - The god-awful video game assassin movie made $5.8 million.
Weekend Box Office Results [Box Office Mojo]
1. Enchanted - Weren't Elf, Crocodile Dundee, Jungle 2 Jungle, and whatever similar movies I'm forgetting enough to satiate the public desire for the out-of-place-wacko-in-New-York genre? The $35.3 million Enchanted made says not quite.
2. This Christmas - Audiences paid $18.6... / Continue →
1. The Golden Compass - A disappointing $26.1 million weekend proves it takes more than Nicole Kidman, epic battles, and armored CGI polar bear fights to bring in audiences. It also takes a giant robot polar bear that totally eats the shit out of every other polar bear.
2. Enc... / Continue →
1. I Am Legend - A massive budget, computer effects, and the Fresh Prince are always a surefire hit, bringing in $76.5 million. Now if someone could only explain why.
2. Alvin and the Chipmunks - With a $45 million weekend, it's finally the definitive proof that there is no Go... / Continue →